We are delighted to open the nominations for our Spark Awards 2018.
These nine awards celebrate talent across the sector in young people, Foyer staff and of course Foyers themselves.
As we launch the nominations for Spark Awards 2018 we look back on the winners from 2017.
The 2017 Awards night had a dual purpose of celebrating 25 years of the Foyer Federation and perhaps most importantly celebrating success from across the Foyer network.
Over a three course dinner, young people, staff and Foyers were recognised across 10 award categories. With over 100 delegates in attendance, there was a vibrant atmosphere and each winner was announced to thunderous applause, recognising the hard work and dedication each put into supporting young people.
The Foyer Federation’s CEO Tokunbo Ajasa-Oluwa said, “The Awards shone a spotlight on successes that might otherwise be overlooked. They were the perfect platform to showcase Foyer talent and the abundance of young and staff talent was phenomenal. There was a tremendous buzz in the room, with both the anticipation of who was going to win and the feel good factor when the winner was announced.
A full list of the award winners:
- Unsung Hero – Young Person, Ahmed Ali Bekhet, Weston Foyer, Sanctury
- Inspiration Award, Kyle Jenkins, Quay Foyer Poole, Stonewater
- Positive Move On Award, George Shoobridge, Braintree Foyer, Saha
- Foyer Legend, Gary Smith, Bridge Foyer, Your Housing Group
- Young Person’s Choice Award – Staff member, Bev Ford, Basildon Foyer, Swann
- Unsung Hero Award – Staff member, Alan Sharp, Exeter Foyer, Stonewater
- Best Partnership Award, YMCA Derby, Working Assets and Toyota, YMCA Derbyshire
- Places and Spaces, Foyer Fitness, Ravenhead Foyer, Your Housing Group
- Foyer of the Year, Step by Step, Aldershot
- Special mention, Peter Godden-Kent, Braintree Foyer, Saha