We are delighted to announce that the Room for Young People Inspiration Awards will be taking place this year on 3 November. In partnership with Clarion Housing, LiveWest and InspireChilli, we will be hosting the ceremony online to celebrate young people’s successes and achievements in a year defined by the COVID crisis.
Throughout lockdown, we’ve loved hearing inspiring stories of how young people in Foyers have shown resilience, supported other people, and let their creativity shine through. We’ve also been energised by the way staff have risen to this new challenge and engaged their residents in new, exciting ways. You can nominate young people and staff for an award using the form here before 28 August.
The award categories this year are:
- Community Action Award: for young people positively impacting on a community.
- Staying Healthy and Creative Award: for young people or projects making positive use of the arts or health-related activities.
- Strengths and Talents Award: for young people people who have demonstrated a
- strengths-based or Advantaged Thinking approach.
- Service Stars Award: for staff or volunteers who have inspired others.
- Outstanding Practice Award: for services leading the way through their approach.
- Wild Card Award: any other example of inspiration suggested by an organisation.
We’d love to see Foyers represented across each of the categories and taking home some awards, so get your nominations in! You can read all about the 2019 Room for Young People Conference and Awards here for a bit of inspiration.