The Moving On Up fund, in partnership with LandAid, offers young people up to £1000 to help them overcome key financial barriers to moving on.
We know that the costs associated with moving out of the Foyer and into an independent tenancy can be prohibitive and cause anxiety – a situation made worse by the current cost of living crisis.
By offering grants of up to £1000 per person, we aim to support 100 young people to leap over those financial barriers and step over the threshold of their new home.
Who is it for?
We encourage applications from:
- Young people aged 16-25
- Who live in one of our member services
- Who are ready to move on successfully into independent accommodation
- But face a financial constraint that's holding them back
What costs can be covered?
The fund is intended to contribute to the most common financial blockers young people face that can prevent them from moving on. This includes:
- A deposit for a property
- Rent payment in advance
- Dual rent payments
- Utilities bills in advance
- Debt repayment
- Moving costs, eg van hire, packing materials
- White goods, eg fridge/freezer, washing machine
- Some soft furnishings, eg curtains, carpets
What are the timelines for the project?
The fund will be open between January 2023 and March 2024.
20 grants will be available between January-March 2023. 80 grants will be available between April 2023-March 2024.
Applications will be reviewed each month after the last Thursday of that month. We will respond to let applicants know the outcome within 7 days of the review.
Find out more about how to apply by downloading the document below. For more information, contact [email protected]