If you are aged 16-25 and are experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of becoming homeless, then your local Foyer may be able to help you.

The majority of Foyers currently require a referral, which usually comes from the local housing authority. In order to gain a referral, in the vast majority of cases, you will need to be able to demonstrate a connection to the local area. A local connection means that you have lived in the area for more than six months or that you have a family member living in the area (proof is generally required).

The Foyer Federation does not own any housing and as such we cannot provide accommodation or make a referral. You will need to speak to your local Foyer or your local housing authority.

(Please note: a few services do accept referrals for people over the age of 25)

Who can advise me?

Use the map to find your local Foyer or search specific criteria using the directory below the map. Give them a call to ask about the procedure to get a referral. They may ask you to contact your local housing authority, or local housing centre. The local authority will look into your situation to see if they have a legal responsibility to help you as a homeless person.

You can find more housing advice and links to other helpful organisations here.

All members

The Foyer Federation is registered in England and Wales under company number 2699839 at Work.Life, Core Building, 30 Brown Street, Manchester, M2 1DH. The charity is registered under charity number 1040482.
Log in | Powered by White Fuse