Talent Bonds Programme
Our talent bond fund is OPEN!
We are DELIGHTED to announce that a new round of talent bond funding is open for applications.
Young people can apply for up to £300 to pursue a talent, build a skill or develop a strength that will help them to grow into a fulfilling, sustainable, independent future. This is a chance for young people to be creative with their ideas, as well as brave, thoughtful and organised as they start up the project, run with it and make it happen.
Who can apply?
Young people aged 16-25 who live in or regularly interact with one of our member services can apply for a Talent Bond. Young people can apply as individuals, pairs, or groups, as long as everyone in the pair or group is connected to the service. Applications are assessed by a panel of young people, often those who've received a Talent Bond themselves in the past, they decide how and to whom the funding is awarded. Applications close at noon on 9th November 2022.
Talent Bonds we've awarded in the past include:
- Buying clothing and equipment to participate in an outdoor skills course during winter,
- Purchasing books to learn more about law, which the applicant hopes to study at university,
- Funding for a keyboard to enable young people in the Foyer to learn how to play an instrument,
- Funding to set up a local netball team to improve health and get involved with the local community.
How to apply
The Talent Bond application should show how a young person's idea will either showcase or develop a talent or skill that will help the young person to build their future. Applications can be made by an individual young person or a group of young people working together. Young people can apply by sending a video or written application (available to download below) to [email protected].
Each application should include:
- The applicant's full name and contact details (email and mobile number),
- Which Foyer they are connected with,
- Foyer staff member’s name & contact details (who will support with payment of funds),
- The skill or talent this money will help them develop,
- What do they want to do with this money and why?
- What impact will this money have on them and their future?
- A brief breakdown of how the money will be spent.
If an application is successful we'll contact the applicant by mid-December, and the named Foyer staff member will be sent information and timescales for invoicing. We'll then ask that the Foyer makes the payment or purchase with the young person initially and then invoices us, including receipts, for the amount to reimburse.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot fund subscriptions, memberships or driving lessons, and cannot contribute part of a cost to a larger project when the source of the remainder of the funding is unconfirmed. We cannot fund young people or groups who have received a Talent Bond from the Foyer Federation in the past.
Apply by noon on 9th November 2022!
Download the application form below, and also the Talent Bond poster to display in your service. Send completed applications to [email protected] by noon on 9th November 2022.