We are delighted to announce that our talent bond scheme, Hear Me Out!, is open for applications this June!
Young people can apply for up to £250 to spend on something that will grow a talent, develop a skill or build on a strength. This might be starting up a project, paying for classes or a course, an initial cash injection for an enterprise, or equipment needed to further their abilities. We’re asking young people to be creative with their ideas, as well as brave, thoughtful and organised as they start up the project, run with it and make it happen!
This is the second round of the Hear Me Out! fund. The first round in 2019 supported projects including:
- Swimming lessons to help a young person achieve their dream of becoming cabin crew.
- Purchases for a burger van project involving several young people from a Foyer.
- Equipment to enable a resident to hold boxing classes for other young people.
- Purchasing camera equipment for a photography course at college.
- Arts supplies to enable a young artist to experiment in a new area and hold an exhibition of their work.
How to apply
To be considered, there are some simple guidelines proposals should meet:
The idea comes from a young person or group of young people, and they will lead on the project.
The idea will showcase or develop a talent or skill.
Applicants can work alone, in pairs or in groups, as long as they all live within member Foyers. Creativity and off-the-wall thinking are encouraged!
Young people can apply by sending a video or written application to [email protected]. The application details have been forwarded to Foyers. The final date for applications is FRIDAY 17 JULY 2020.