Are you interested in photography?
Do you love taking photos of you and your friends?
Would you like to see your work published online?
The Foyer Federation is looking for photos taken by young people, in their home Foyers to use on our website, social media and in publications. Not only will you see your photos published, we'll credit you as the photographer so you can use it in your portfolio!
Great Prizes for Competition Winners:
- First Prize is a £100 Amazon Voucher
- Second Prize is a £50 Amazon Voucher (there are two up for grabs!)
- Runners up will be awarded a £10 Amazon Voucher each
To enter this competition:
1. Decide what you want to show about your Foyer and the things you can do there. Remember that anyone included in the photos you take will need to give their permission to be shown.
2. Take lots of photos! Ideally these will include you or your friends taking part in an activity or show you in your surroundings. You can ask your Foyer staff to help you if needed, please use colour instead of black and white, and don’t use any special filters.
3. Send your three favourite photos to [email protected] by Monday 31st October.
To be eligible, you'll need to:
- Tell us your full name, age and the name of the foyer or service you live in
- Identify each person in your photos by name
- Complete this consent form and make sure everyone featured in your photos has completed it too!
Here are some top tips to get the best from your photos:
- Think carefully about what’s in the photo – you’re in charge of what we see!
- Is there enough light? Is the light interesting? Natural light from the window is different from light from a bulb, which one do you think is better for your photo?
- Are you showing the most important things?
- Is there anything in the photo that you don’t want to be there? (if yes, change it!)
- Can you use any interesting angles and / or composition?
- Take a lot of photos so you have plenty to choose from!
- Don't send us any photos that you would not want to be published, or that contain others who didn't give their permission to be in the photo.
- We can't receive or use any photos of anyone under 16 years old.